If you use inventory file templates or XML to upload your inventory data, you can use the Fix Failed Listings tool in Manage Inventory to review and fix a subset of listing errors, such as incorrect or missing information.
To view all upload errors for a particular batch, select the Inventory dropdown list at the top of the window, select Add Products via Upload, then under Inventory file upload status, select View Processing Report.
To identify your failed listings, follow these steps:
- Go to the Inventory tab and select Manage Inventory.
- If you have errors, you will see Fix Failed Listings in the top navigation.
- The possible error types include the following and can be selected from the Status filter:
- All Fixable Online: All SKUs with errors, regardless of error type.
- Missing Info: Required data is missing , e.g., UPC, product name, or manufacturer.
- Incorrect Info: SKUs with errors that occur when the data does not meet the formatting requirements ( e.g., overly long descriptions).
- Matching Error: Your product might match an existing listing in the Amazon catalogue, but we need more information to make sure. For more information, see Matching Your Products.
- Variation Error: Errors that occur on variation child SKUs.
The Fix Failed Listings tool will display a failed SKU for 30 days. If you do not wish to fix a SKU, unfixed SKUs will disappear from the list (and your inventory) 30 days after the inventory tool detects an error.
To fix failed SKUs, follow these steps:
- To fix a single SKU, click Fix in the Edit column to the right of the SKU you want to fix.
- To fix multiple SKUs in succession:
- Tick the box to the left of each SKU you want to fix; or
- Select all failed listings by ticking the box at the top of the column.
- Click the Action on X Selected button at the top of the page, and then select Fix Selected Items.
- On the listing details page, data with an error is located on the tab with a red exclamation mark ( ! ) . An error message at the top of the page explains exactly what needs to be fixed.
Note: Fields marked with a red asterisk ( * ) are required. Check to be sure all fields with an asterisk are filled in. Other requested product information is optional, but can help customers make informed buying decisions.
- Once you fix an error, save your changes. If fixing multiple SKUs:
- Save and move to the next record by clicking Next product.
- Exit by clicking Save and finish.
You can provide offer data to make the fixed listing buyable or provide the offer data later. You can do this on the My Inventory filter when you fix the SKU or:
- If you use Price and Quantity files, make sure this SKU is in the file with your new price and quantity.
- If you use Book, Music, or Video Loader templates, find the row for this SKU and change the value in the add-delete column to PriceQuantity. Make sure the price and quantity is updated.
- If you use a specific category inventory file, find the row for this SKU and change the value in the update-delete or UpdateDelete column to PriceQuantity. Make sure the price and quantity is updated.
After you fix a SKU's errors, you can make the listing buyable by providing the price and quantity on the Offer tab. The SKU will move to your active listings, and a confirmation message will indicate that the listing is active.
If you plan to add price and quantity later with an inventory file, check the box near the top of the listing's Offer tab to skip the offer data and add it later. An image cannot be associated with a SKU until it has an ASIN. If an image has been associated with the title, it will display on the confirmation message. Once you select an image and click "Save and finish," you will see the image in the confirmation message.
Note: A fixed SKU will generally show up in your active listings after 15 minutes.